Happy for me, sad for my kids.....getting out of my marriage, getting on with my life.

Monday, September 29, 2008

I never cease to be amazed...

...by the kindness of strangers. You all leave these comments that bring me to tears...happy tears....tears of gratitude...tears of sadness that I even have this $%#@-ing blog. I'd rather be blogging about happy shit....hobbies, children, blah blah blah...anything but the mess my life can be. But it is what it is.

For some reason, ever since February, any kindness anyone shows me just makes me want to blubber. Way back in early February, before I knew anything for sure, I went to my kid's basketball game. A dad of another player is just the cheesiest guy. He is a sterotypical suck-up realtor...he looks just like Flanders on the Simpsons....he's a nut. But when you get to know him, he is just the sweetest man ever. So last February, in the depths of my dispair, I went to a basketball game. It was a tournament game at another school and they had no concession stand. All the parents know that at every game, I immediately hit the concession stand and buy 2 Cow Tails. If you don't know what Cow Tails are, they are these long caramel things, about 8 inches long, with a cream center. Like those Goetz candies but big. I meet the dad in the hallway and he said "Just the person I wanted to see". Pulls 4 Cow Tails out of his coat pocket....2 for me and 2 for him. He'd stopped at 3 gas stations on the way to buy some since he knew there was no concession stand. I wanted to throw my arms around him and sob. I managed to maintain composure but I was so deeply touched. Some day I'll have to tell him how much that meant to me...for him to be so sweet and thoughtful and nice to me when I needed it most.

So....I got sidetracked there a little bit.....but thank you....thank you for being nice to me. Thank you for letting me know you've been there....misery loves company.

3 comments:

Isle Dance said...

I know the feeling. You are not alone. Call that nice man up and thank him. Soon. :o)

shrink on the couch said...

I do know Cowtails. I bought some for our plane ride to DC. And then I bought some for my nieces and nephew's birthday. Just mailed them a couple days ago.

Trying real hard to move on said...

I have convinced myself that Cow Tails are healthy. That white stuff MUST be a dairy product, don't you think??? Good for the bones.