Happy for me, sad for my kids.....getting out of my marriage, getting on with my life.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Glad I'm not THERE anymore

I got an email from a friend the other day....she is not a close friend, or even a "real life" friend. We met on an AOL message board...we have kids born the same month. Months ago she emailed me and asked if I was okay, she hadn't heard from me much and when she did I didn't seem like myself. So I told her the whole story. She's been very nice. Anyway....emailed me Saturday to tell me that after several months of suspecting something, she confirmed that her husband had been cheating on her. She told me she needed a shoulder to lean on but would understand if it was all too raw for me. I told her no, it was fine....I was glad to help since she'd been so nice to me. But the truth is, it IS kind of tough. Dredges up feelings I'd rather not feel again. But it also helps me to see how far I've come. Even though things are still rather a mess, they are MUCH better than they were, and no matter how our story ends I know I'll be okay. I wasn't sure of that for a while. I wish I wasn't here at all....wish I had never been put in this situation in the first place....but I'm sure glad I'm not in my friend's shoes right now.

2 comments:

Isle Dance said...

That's really nice of you to do. Support another.

shrink on the couch said...

I'm glad you're in such a better place, too. And yes, so nice of you to listen to your friend.