Happy for me, sad for my kids.....getting out of my marriage, getting on with my life.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Therapy sucks

We had our first appointment that was really really awful. Crying, yelling. Both from me, I might add. Nastiness from DH. He has apologized over and over....says he hates that he made me cry because he's hurt me enough already. Asked me if I wanted to quit going (and probably secretly hoping to God that I'd say yes). And right now, I'd have to say YES, I'd LOVE to quit going. But I know that most things worth doing are not easy, and I imagine that by the time our next appointment rolls around in two weeks I'll be headed back.

5 comments:

blognut said...

Stick with it - give yourself a hug.

Unknown said...

i'm sorry it sucked. the question is, does HE want to keep at it? Make sure you are working hard to fix something only if you are both fully invested.

Isle Dance said...

I vote to stick with it, too. Or, trust your gut. I know it isn't easy. It made me stronger, healthier, in the long run. That, I found, was most mportant. Hang in there. Everything will be okay. Ultimately.

shrink on the couch said...

hugs. and keep going. nobody will ever say you didn't give it 1000%. sorry he hurt your feelings. did he say it out of anger? kind of an aggressive jab? or an opinion that happens to hurt your feelings?

Trying real hard to move on said...

It was all 3. And I WAS a little out of control....I readily admit that. Dr even said that when he is honest I can't attack him like that. Oddly....DH apologized multiple times. I finally apologized yesterday. He said an apology wasn't necessary, and I replied that yes, it was....I shouldn't have yelled at him like that. He didn't even realize I'd yelled at him. He was reacting to my words obviously.

Next appointment is not until the 17th.