Happy for me, sad for my kids.....getting out of my marriage, getting on with my life.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Lent

I don't normally give up anything for Lent. Occasionally I'll give up SOMETHING, just to go a long with the rest of the family, but usually it's something pretty painless or not very meaningful.

This year.....I am giving up something. I am giving up obsessing or searching for information related to my situation and affairs in general. I get some emails from various places....newsletters, tips, support, etc. I won't delete them, but I'll save them to read some other time. I also have been still pretty hot-and-heavy on my cyber-sleuthing. It's a compulsion....and actually pretty fruitful. I frequently check to see if she or her husband have filed for divorce. No evidence of that, but I did find out that this moron has had THREE traffic violations in the last year. THREE. I have had ONE ticket in my whole driving career and I, quite honestly, am not all that great a driver. She's had about a dozen in as many years. Just more evidence that she's an idiot......but what good does it do me to know that? Yes, I get some satisfaction knowing that she's "in trouble". But really all it does is keep all this fresh in my mind.....and thinking of one thing obsessively leads to thinking of other things obsessively....and next thing I know that's all I can think about. So I've given all that up, at least through Lent. And maybe forever. I spend way too much time on someone who is just not worth it.

5 comments:

shrink on the couch said...

Bet I can guess one ticket of hers... an encounter she was frantically driving home from ::eg::

Trying real hard to move on said...

I assume you are talking about an encounter with ME??? :)

Isle Dance said...

:o) I'm laughing way too hard...!

Also, I'm trying to sort something out: Have you also found that your behavior toward the opposite sex has changed...in an attempt to ensure that there are extra firm boundaries...especially with those you might have considered friends before? In an attempt to never accidentally be seen as someone who talks too much to/tolerates flirting from them? Whereas before you might not have even noticed/thought twice about it? Or even taken it seriously? Or cared? Because they're simply just talkative in a friendly way...but you worry how that appears? Am I making sense? Momentary struggle going on here...! :o)

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea! I have to admit I also check (daily) to see if "she" and her husband are getting a divorce, lol. Obsessing over what happened just makes me sad so I try and live in the NOW. Good luck!

Trying real hard to move on said...

Isle Dance - funny you ask that. I was thinking of doing a whole separate blog entry on that very subject. I think I will.

Glad I made you laugh. Crazy people are funny sometimes. :P