Happy for me, sad for my kids.....getting out of my marriage, getting on with my life.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

I was so not looking forward to Valentine's Day this year. Last year's Valentine's Day, and the days surrounding it, were hell. Sheer hell. The most painful days of my life. If I think about it too much I can feel such pain and almost feel like I'm back there. But I made it through. My heart hurt quite a few times over the last few days, but I am done...it's over....and I never have to live through the "first Valentine's Day after" ever again. I think last night I was kind of wreck from dealing with all these emotions and not really talking about them because I got in bed last night and cried myself to sleep. I cried like I haven't in a long time.

I emailed our therapist last week and asked if I could see him alone before our next appointment, which is on the 28th. He said that was fine as long as DH knew I was coming in, which he does. I think DH is perplexed by the whole thing. He didn't really pry much, but did ask why I wanted to go. I just said I felt like I needed to. I guess if it was something I wanted to discuss with him I'd do it when we had our appointment together.

2 comments:

shrink on the couch said...

Painful anniversaries are hard. I'm glad you have this behind you, too.

Isle Dance said...

I think you're doing great. A good cry can be healing. Purging. All kinds of good things get freed up. Toddlers are smart for doing this. :o)