Happy for me, sad for my kids.....getting out of my marriage, getting on with my life.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

More on the opposite sex entry from a week or two ago

I JUST remembered something that at the time I thought was really weird.....but now.....I realize there could be something behind it....you just never know.

We have some neighbors across the street. "Bob" is a fireman and his home several days during the week with the kids while his wife is at work. "Susan" works full-time and is only home during the day on weekends. Both are extremely nice people and Bob seems to be a devoted husband and father. I don't say "seems to be" in a smart-ass way at all. He really does seem to be a truly decent guy. Susan and I are very friendly. I wouldn't call us great friends but we call to mooch stuff off each other, email back and forth on occasion, I've helped her out in a pinch with babysitting.

Now I don't make a habit of hanging out at Mr. Mom type guys' houses while their wives are at work. I've been over there a couple times when his wife isn't home....once to drop something off (can't remember if it was something I'd borrowed or something his wife wanted to borrow or what) and it was just a matter of running to the door, handing over the goods, and running back out to the car. Another time Bob invited me and another dad over for coffee while we were standing at the bus stop. I said yes before other dad could say no.....so I went and stayed just long enough to drink my coffee and make a little polite chitchat. Then last week Susan flagged me down as I was coming home from somewhere early in the morning....said she had a babysitting emergency and could I come stay with her kids (they're little) for just a few minutes until Bob got home from work....they have it timed perfectly and any little delay messes up the whole process. I was there 10 minutes before Bob showed up. We talked for a few minutes then I went home to start my day.

The first time I went over there, when I dropped something off, I called their house from my cell phone to see if Bob was there. Later that night, my cell phone rang and I saw that it was Bob and Susan's phone number on the caller ID. When I answered, they hung up. I put two and two together and realized that Susan saw a strange number on her caller ID and wanted to know who it was. Suspicious mind, for sure.

Both of the other times I've been there, Susan has called. And Bob has made some kind of joke about Susan calling to see if we're having an affair. First time was BA (BA = before affair), second time was AA (you can figure that one out :P). First time I was kinda like hardy har...lame joke. Second time when I realized it was her on the phone I thought "Are you KIDDING me?"

So for a long time I walked around thinking that Susan was terribly insecure. Now....well it could very well be that she is terribly insecure....but it could also be that she has reason to be suspicious.

I don't know....I just don't think "normal" women feel the need to do that. And for the record I'll be the first to admit that I'm not normal.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hi there - I need an email address in order to send you an invite...

Mary

kristi said...

Mmmm...that would be weird. Maybe she is insecure but maybe he has given her reason to be.

I have a cousin who lives 45 minutes away from me, yet everytime I want to visit, she brushes me off. (her hubby has always flirted shamelessly with me so I wonder if that is the reason..?)