Happy for me, sad for my kids.....getting out of my marriage, getting on with my life.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Laugh if you want....

....but you can learn a lot from Dr. Phil. His no-bullshit, lay-it-on-the-line common sense is just what I need sometimes. Too bad he can't reach through the TV and kick me in the seat of the pants.

Yesterday's show was not about infidelity, but there was a couple on there with major issues. Both of them. He was an ass and she allowed herself to be treated like total shit. Sound familiar??? I went on the website and he had a list of 5 questions you need to ask yourself if you're considering divorce: 1) Are you still in love with your spouse? 2) Are you angry? 3) Are you hurt? 4) Are you confused? 5) Are you scared? He says if you answer yes to any of the questions, you have work to do and are not ready to leave the marriage. He said you are not ready until you can look each other in the eye and feel peace, no hatred, no resentment. Very interesting....and seems impossible. But I think I may be getting there. This time last year, my answers were all a resounding yes. Now I'm down to I don't know, yes, not as much, not really, and yes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I also sometimes look up Dr. Phil's website just to check out his comments on infidelity. I really don't like watch the Dr. Phil show, but I agree with you on his no nonsense approach to things and it does help. I like his "Don't try to make sense out of nonsense" saying. It's so true. After DH told me about the affair I printed out his website page on affairs and I think it helped both of us. Still sucks though, doesn't it! It's a daily struggle. Most days are very good but I can honestly say there hasn't been a day during these past 15 months that I haven't thought about it in some way or another. I wonder if it will always be this way?? Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend!