Happy for me, sad for my kids.....getting out of my marriage, getting on with my life.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Born to run...that's me :)

Ok...born to run is a little bit of an exaggeration. But I got this wild idea a few weeks ago that I wanted to start running. So I found information on line about the Couch to 5k program. You're supposed to be able to run a 5k within 9 weeks. The program starts really slow and you increase your running time and distance every week. I am on week 4 now. I never thought I'd say it...but I actually rather enjoy it. Sometimes I have to say to myself "I CAN DO THIS" over and over...and over and over and over. Funny how that applies to my running and my life. I can do this.

4 comments:

shrink on the couch said...

I love it when, after a period of no exercise and all that avoidance of exercise, you reach a point where you're out there moving and you think, "this actually feels pretty good."

I don't do much running. But I did go for a walk around Town Lake the other morning. It's a 3 mile trek. I found myself wanting to jog. So I did. A couple minutes of walking, and then about a minute of jogging. I've read this is a good pattern for fat burning. We'll see. But It's always a good feeling and a surprise when upping the heart rate is something I do because I want to.

Anonymous said...

I hope everything is going well, haven't seen an update for so long.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

I have just discovered the whole blogging idea and found yours after thinking I need to connect with someone who is actually going through the same thing. Last night I read your entire year (or so) of postings and it really helped me to feel "normal" and brought up a lot of questions to ask myself. Thank you. Thank you for sharing. I really hope you keep this up - and I hope you're doing well and I'm curious to know what decision you have made. . .if any.

shrink on the couch said...

Did you run away, or wut?