Happy for me, sad for my kids.....getting out of my marriage, getting on with my life.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Haven't felt like blogging

Just not in the mood. Nothing's been great...nothing's been terrible....I've just not been in the mood.

I do have a confession to make. I never quit smoking when I swore I was going to several months ago. I made a couple feeble attempts. I never smoked over the weekends anyway....so every Monday seemed like a perfect time to make a fresh start. And every Monday I'd find myself driving somewhere to have one. We went out of town Thursday through Sunday and I hadn't smoked on Wednesday either.....the last day I had a cigarette was on Tuesday of last week. Today I left our counseling session and pulled into a gas station parking lot with every intention of buying a pack. For some reason I was able to find some willpower somewhere inside of me and I drove off without even going in. Yay me. As much as I'd LOVE to have one....and stupid or not, the momentary satisfaction WOULD make me feel much better....I do like all the reasons NOT to have one. Not smelling us a big one. Not letting down my kids is another biggie. Not wasting money is another. Not doing something that makes me look old is at the top of my list. At almost 42 I don't need any help looking older!!! I know 6 days without a cigarette is not earth shattering. But today is the first day I've resisted temptation, and for that I am proud.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you (not smoking)! Six days is a lot to brag about!

Unknown said...

Excellent! 6 days is great.
It's been 14 years for me and some days i smell one and want one still but remind myself "Not today"

shrink on the couch said...

Every day you resist is a banner accomplishment! Hope you can keep on going.

Anonymous said...

good work. i think six days is great and you should be proud!