Happy for me, sad for my kids.....getting out of my marriage, getting on with my life.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

What if I'm being stupid?

No matter how well things are going, this is a thought I always have not far from the front of my mind....what if I'm being stupid? What if all kinds of things are going on behind my back and I'm just being a complete idiot and not seeing them, not figuring things out, not WANTING to figure things out (oh, but I do want to figure things out, so I don't think that's it)? Logic tells me that no, I'm not being stupid. Things are just as they seem. But it's tough to be totally confident in that when you've been burned like I have.

I guess I've just decided that if I AM being stupid, it will come out at some point. Somehow, some way things will become clear to me one way or another.

2 comments:

shrink on the couch said...

"What if" are two words I try to strike from my vocabulary. I can only deal with the information in front of me, the NOW of the situation. Otherwise I'd wear yourself to a frazzle ... and then *if* the "what if" comes true, I'm not in any shape to see it or deal with it.

Trying real hard to move on said...

That's great advice. And what you've been telling me all along. :) Thanks.