Happy for me, sad for my kids.....getting out of my marriage, getting on with my life.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Most effective weight loss plan ever....but I don't recommend it

If you've ever known a woman who is going through some horrible relationship problem (like mine) or a divorce (like I might), have you noticed how much weight she lost? It has happened with every woman I know.

My husband met this other woman in November or December. Became friends, then even friendlier, and by January the affair had become physical (though from what I am able to piece togehter it wasn't all that physical), and I found out in February.

Last August, I was pretty plump for me. I am 5'9" and I weighed 150-155 lbs. So I started Weight Watchers. I have done it before and had good luck with it....I am diligent about tracking my points. So I lost some weight and by November or December I was down to my goal weight of 140. That was so easy that I decided to shoot for 135. I actually got down to 132 lbs with no problem. Then the shit hit the fan here. I couldn't/wouldn't eat, and my weight dropped down to 126 pretty rapidly.

Now I know that many people would kill to have my problem. I am now eating....a LOT....and I am barely gaining. I am up to a whopping 130 lbs right now and just can't get any higher. I am too thin. I have no boobs, no butt.....I am wearing a size 6 (which actually fit when I was at 132) and it's too big but I'm too tall to wear a size 4. I do not look good. I have gotten mixed reactions from others.....some think I look great, others act like I'm anorexic.

I guess I should just enjoy this while it lasts. I have never in my life said "I need to gain weight". EVER.

4 comments:

shrink on the couch said...

saw one of my tennis coaches recently, i hadn't seen him in a couple months, he's lost a LOT of weight. he said its b/c he's working a lot. i checked his ring finger, no band. I'm 99% sure he always wore one before. So he may very well be on the shaky-marriage-weight-loss-plan.

I don't want the marital problems, but would you please figure out how to bottle up some of that "no appetite" syrum?

e.beck.artist said...

i have a good friend who found out about an unfaithful husband almost six years ago .... she took him back, kicked him out, took him back, he left again, took him back ..... long story short? they are NOW still in a horrid divorce proceedings ..... and she's tall and thin like you .... and was absolutely emaciated for a while there .....
hold your kids tight ...
be brave ....
eat chocolate .....

shrink on the couch said...

ditto on the chocolate. or cheesecake does a pretty good job of adding pounds to the scale, if I remember correctly.

Trying real hard to move on said...

I'll have to try cheesecake. Plus it's a dairy product....so good for me. :)

I will not do the leaving-coming back-leaving again-coming back again thing. I am pretty sure (I only say "pretty sure" because I try to never say never) that if he goes, he's gone for good.